Student Development Blog Profiles::

Sarah Eigen
Master of Architecture, ‘09

"Where the spirit does not work with the hand there is no art" - Leonardo da Vinci

Growing up in Newburyport, Massachusetts, I was always very competitive and focused a great deal of my time and energy on sports. However, I also had a special interest in drawings and the arts. When I went to college for my undergraduate degree at Drew University, I shifted my focus from sports to the arts. I took a sculpture and three-dimensional design course that allowed me to express my creativity. I really enjoyed seeing the designs develop and grow with the help and support of my teachers. I majored in Studio Arts with a minor Psychology at Drew University in Madison, NJ.

I enjoy competition and being part of a team. Until recently, I was working for Goody Clancy Associates where everyone was very supportive of me as I pursued my Master's degree at the BAC. At Goody Clancy I had the pleasure of working on the renovations at Byerly Hall, Radcliffe, the Salem Trial Courthouse, and the Roger Williams New Academic Building. I taught in the summer program for high school students my first year out of the Academic Only Program. This was a very rewarding experience and I am delighted to be teaching perspective drawing.

Comments