To help those affected by the economy network keep their careers moving forward, the BSA has created the Career Resources Network.
The architecture profession offers many different career paths and opportunities throughout a designer’s career. The BSA is creating a repository of Career Resources on this page for designers at all stages of their career.
- The Building Industry Classified lists new job opportunities daily and is widely used by the design professions in New England.
- The BSA’s weekly Job Notification email sends subscribers new job postings every Friday. To subscribe to this weekly email service click here.
- The BSA Resume Bank is free and open to members and non-members seeking career changes in the building industry.
- The new BSA career resources network is an open forum for discussion on how the economy is affecting you. This group is a great way to network with like-minded professionals and discuss the current challenges in the economy. If you are currently unemployed, working at a firm that is experiencing financial challenges or otherwise interested in keeping your career moving forward, join us.
This new lunch group meets the first Monday of each month at noon at The Architects Building. All are welcome at these free lunches; RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-951-1433 x221 by 9:30am on the day of the meeting to ensure we order adequate food and refreshments. If you have questions about this network or suggestions for future meetings, contact John Chase at email@example.com or 617-951-1433x242.
- Looking for a firm that specializes in a type of work? Need more information on a firm listing a job opportunity? Search the BSA Firm Directory.
- You can view the 2008 AIA Compensation Report here. These reports break down compensation by position type, by individual states and by metro areas. To order the reports, visit the BSA Store or stop by the Architects Building.
- With over 60 committees open to all and daily events, networking opportunities abound at the BSA. Committees are open to members and non-members and cover a range of topics including design, professional practice, education, social impact, technology and much more. View a list of committees and networks for more information on joining a network that interests you. To find an event, check out our search-able calendar.