Student Development Blog Profiles ::

Griscel Diaz
Bachelor of Architecture

“All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
The mind is everything.
What we think we become” Buddha

I am originally from Mexico City, I moved to the United States when I was thirteen years old and I lived in Connecticut for ten years before moving to Boston to continue my education.

The fist memory I have about architecture is when I was seven years old and I lived in Mexico. There was a house down the block from where I lived which I loved. The owner of the house was an architect and his house showed it. The house had a combination of colors, shapes and textures that made it stand out from the rest of the houses on the street. I decided to pursue architecture when I was in seventh grade; I took an Orthogonal drawing class and I loved it. Because of that class, I decided to become an architect. I believe that class was a big turning point in my life.

When I got out of high school I decided to stay in the local Community College to improve my English and see if architecture was for me. Norwalk Community College was a great starting point in my education, I was in the Architectural Engineering Technology program. I had great teachers and enjoyed my time there. While attending Norwalk Community College I had the opportunity to work for Robert Storm Architects in Westport, CT. It was my first job working for an architect and the experienced I gained was immense.

One of my teachers mentioned the Boston Architectural College one day in class; I did some research and I moved to Boston in August, 2006. Currently I’m enrolled in the Bachelor of Architecture program at the BAC. I really like the idea of working with an architect and going to school, which I was doing in Norwalk. The affordability of the BAC was also a factor, I wanted to be in a comfortable environment where not only I could study architecture but see it as well. The BAC gave me all of that.

In my free time I love painting, photography, jewelry making and other crafts. I was also part of the United Way Alternative Spring Break 2009; I traveled to Terre Haute, IN to help rebuild houses affected by last year’s flood. It was an amazing experience, I got to do some design work, some demolition, and construction.

I have been working for Tsoi/Kobus & Associates in Cambridge, MA for more than two years now. I’m part of a group of architects and designers working on a Cancer Treatment Center that can be adapted for multiple locations around the country. I enjoy working for TK&A because they have been very supportive of me when it comes to school and I work with very talented people that take the time to help me when I have a question.

Comments