AIAS Elections :: 2010-2011

AIAS Elections
Through Thursday October 21 at 5 pm
All current BAC students are invited to vote here!

Chelsey Pratt - Candidate for President of AIAS
I wish to be elected as your AIAS BAC Chapter President in order to help maintain and further the development of the Chapter. I have been actively involved with the AIAS BAC Chapter for three years now as a member and as a Chapter Representative, this has allowed me to experience what the AIAS organization is capable of on the local, regional, and national levels and to realize what a valuable part it plays in both Professional and Social Development of our Architectural education.

If elected I will do my personal best to represent the voices opinions of our Chapter members at every level while collaborating with other student organizations in order to create an environment that is academically and socially enriching for us all.

Christine Reinders - Candidate for Vice President of AIAS
Since entering the Masters of Architecture program at the BAC Fall 2008 I have been a Physics and Math tutor at the LRC. I have been working part time at the Library and am currently a Student Ambassador for New Student Orientation at the BAC. I served as the Project Architect for a team of students in the AIAS Life Cycle of a School competition, and currently I am serving as Project Manager on the Women's Lunch Place - Church of the Covenant Special Project. I have served as a building committee member at Church of the Covenant since 2008.

In high school I served on the Student Council, National Honor Society, and was a student member of the Board of the March of Dimes. I was also Drum Major of the Marching Band and Co-Captain of the Varsity Swimming Team.

In my undergraduate experience at Boston University I served on the executive board of the BU Student Chapter of American Society of Mechanical Engineers all 4 years acting as Freshman Representative, Secretary, Vice President, and President. I also was a member of the Society of Women Engineers. I was a College of Engineering Dean's Host, and a College of Engineering Student Advisor. My senior year I won the College of Engineering Alumni Student Leader Award and the Outstanding Student Advisor Service Award. Currently I am a Young Alumni Mentor for Engineering Students in the Junior and Senior years at BU. I was also vice president of the Synchronized Swimming team at Boston University and placed 7th and 4th at Collegiate National Championships my Junior and Senior years.

I would like to continue my leadership experience serving as Vice President of the BAC chapter of AIAS, helping to organize meetings and events on campus and various trips to local architectural sites, as well as promoting architectural learning through practice at the BAC.

Geoff Arthur - Candidate for AIAS Treasurer
I believe I can uphold the position of BAC AIAS Treasurer due to my past experiences in physically and mentally demanding design work, as well as my current involvement in project politics and management. These experiences have lead to a goal oriented outlook, an impatient attitude toward idle talk and a predisposition toward organization.

I served as a member of the UMass Amherst AIAS during my undergraduate degree and in 2008-2009 acted as 5 College Liaison, helping to bring architecture students from UMass and Amherst, Smith, Mount Holyoke and Hampshire Colleges closer and develop a dialogue between their departments. As an MArch student in my second year, I look forward to serving the students and reputation of the BAC and advancing our AIAS through membership and activity.

Comments