National Women's Checkup Day :: 5.14.12

The tenth annual National Women's Checkup Day will be held on Monday, May 14, 2012, during National Women's Health Week.

The day is dedicated to encourage women to visit their health care professionals to receive or schedule checkups, and to promote regular checkups as vital to the early detection of heart disease, diabetes, cancer, mental health illnesses, sexually transmitted infections, and other conditions.

It is important for women to get regular checkups, because:
-Screening tests, such as mammograms and Pap tests, can find diseases early, when they are easier to treat. Some women need certain screening tests earlier or more often than other women.
-Preventive care can help women lower their risks of many health conditions, including heart disease.

Go to http://www.womenshealth.gov/whw/check-up-day/ to take the pledge today!

As a participant in National Women's Checkup Day, I will:
-Visit my current health care professional to receive a checkup or call to schedule a checkup.
-Discuss with my health care professional which screenings and tests are right for me, when I should have them, and how often.
-Schedule at least one preventive health screening during May 2012.

Call your Student Assistance Program at 1.800.756.3124 for help in finding low cost health care services in your area. The Student Assistance Program is a free and confidential service to Boston Architectural College students.