Welcome back from Academic Services!

There have been a few changes in our office over the summer and we want to keep you up-to-date!

For those of you who don’t know me I want to introduce myself. For those of you who do know me, I want to re-introduce myself as the new Director of Academic Services. My name is Rebecca Chabot-Wieferich and I have been at the BAC for just over four years.

I have worked with many of you during my time here and I look forward to continuing that work. We were sad to see Josh White, the former Director, step down over the summer but he is still very active at the BAC and is teaching numerous courses this Fall. If you haven’t had a course with him in the past, hopefully you will be lucky enough to take one in the future.

As for other changes, many of you may know that one of our Academic Advisors, Eric McCurdy, is no longer at the BAC. He has enrolled in a Ph.D. program in order to pursue his future career goals. We have hired a new Academic Advisor, Nickie Johnson, who we hope you had a chance to read about on the blog last week. She is a great addition to our team and we are very excited to have her on-board!

If any students are wondering who their Academic Advisor will be, feel free to email
advising@the-bac.edu. Any of the Advisors will be happy to respond to questions and when you’re ready to schedule a meeting we will be sure to pair you up with an Advisor. In addition, if any student needs to contact Academic Services about accommodations for any learning or physical disabilities, please email me at rebecca.chabot-wieferich@the-bac.edu.

Once again we welcome you back and hope that you have a great semester! Feel free to stop by our office suite on the first floor of the 320 Newbury building to say hello. The Learning Resource Center will start regular tutoring hours next week and we look forward to seeing you all!