Field Trip :: Skywalk Observatory

By: Curtis Robinson, BArch Candidate

Ever since I started school at the BAC five years ago, my friends and I have said we are going to go up to the top of the Pru. Last week, we finally did. My guess is some of you have said the same and that a plan like going to the 50th floor of one of the tallest buildings buildings in Boston just keeps getting pushed to the side. I'm here to tell you to just go and do it. It's a fun thing to do with some friends or maybe a date (Valentine's Day is coming up after all). 

The observatory is the only sky-high area allowing 360 degree views of Boston and beyond. Along with the awesome views are some fun facts of the city and the important people that have made it what it is today.

The Skywalk Observatory is located on the 50th floor of the Prudential Building. The observatory is open winter hours from 10am-8pm and starting March 11th, the hours are 10am-10pm. Tickets with your BAC ID are $12.00 and can be bought at the kiosk in the Prudential Arcade. Go and check out the real life form of Google Earth.