AMVETS is proud to announce the establishment of the Dr. Aurelio M. Caccomo Family Foundation Memorial Scholarship. The scholarship is in memory of and honoring Dr. Caccomo, an immigrant to the United States, who gave of himself both in his chosen profession as a physician and in his service to the U.S. Army Reserves.
Two $3,000 scholarships will be awarded nation wide, per year, for the duration of the grant. The scholarships are for veterans, including members of the National Guard and Reserves, seeking new skills in order to be more competitive in the job market.
The one time $3,000 award may be used for part time or full time undergraduate courses, accredited degree or certificate programs, including online schools.
The purpose of this scholarship is to provide financial assistance for veterans/guardsmen/reservists who have exhausted government aid, or who might not otherwise have the financial means to further their education. Applicants must meet all of the eligibility requirements listed below and submit the completed application postmarked on or before April 15.
For questions regarding the application, required documents, or application process, please contact AMVETS toll free at 877-726-8387.
1. Must be a United States veteran or member of the National Guard or Reserves.
2. Must be a United States citizen.
3. Must demonstrate financial need.
4. Must have a high school diploma or GED. (General Education Diploma)
5. Must agree to authorize AMVETS to publicize your scholarship award, if you are selected.
6. Must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment to an eligible program.
7. Must not be in default on a federal student loan.
8. Must not be convicted under state or federal law of sale or possession of illegal drugs.
For more information and an application, click here.