Blog Pick :: Project T Scapes

Photo from sketchboston.tumblr.com
Written by Alyce Packard, BID Candidate

I am in love with the blog Project T Scapes; I'm so happy I found it. If you're a commuter like me then you've seen this view about a million times.

Photo from sketchboston.tumblr.com
It's great; it made me smile when I saw it because of how perfectly it was captured. While it is by no means a flawless drawing, it serves its purpose. It’s quick and simple but smart. The color use is great and it clearly captures a certain time of the day. It's effortless and smart.

Photo from sketchboston.tumblr.com
This particular drawing is really impressive. While it is still quick and simple, I think they captured this character wonderfully and it looks very realistic.

Most of us take the train; I think it's a great idea to beef up your sketch skills while you're waiting around for the train. You can fine tune your skills, keep yourself occupied and you might even end up with a few great pieces for your portfolio.

Photo from sketchboston.tumblr.com
Anyone who was as lucky to ride the B line as many times as I have will recognize this view. These drawings are gestural and I think they use the color to help in a number of different ways. The color gives depth, shows light sources, hides some of the flaws from outlining in pen, and gives you a certain feeling. In this case it’s bright and cool looking which makes me think of spring or summer in the afternoon.

Use this as inspiration to start your own little sketch project, its already got me thinking about places I visit every day.