Designers Lighting Forum Scholarship
Light + Building International Trade Fair for Architecture and Technology in Frankfurt, Germany
DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 17, 2014
The Designers Lighting Forum of New England (DLF-NE) will sponsor one BAC student to travel to Philadelphia this spring to attend the Light + Building International Trade Fair for Architecture and Technology from March 30th to April 4th. The recipient of the scholarship will receive $2,500 to cover trip related expenses and will be paired with a representative from DLF-NE who will serve as their guide and mentor for the trip.
To apply, students must:
- be enrolled full-time and in Segment II or III
- be in good academic standing
- have successfully completed a Lighting Design course at the BAC [TM7365/365, TM7369/369, CD105E/TM470 Lighting Design Workshop], TM471 Lighting the Environment or its equivalent at another institution
- submit a short (no longer than 100 words) statement of why they are passionate about learning more about lighting and attending Light + Building International Trade Fair
- submit a rendering, a sample portfolio of lighting design work OR drawings to show their enthusiasm for lighting design
- agree to prepare and submit a short presentation on the trip and their experiences at a DLF-NE event in the fall of 2014
To be considered for the scholarship, students should submit a statement and visual work to the front desk on the 3rd floor of 100 Mass. Ave. no later than Monday, February 17, 2014 at 6:00 PM. All submission should include your name and the name of the scholarship.
Submissions will be judged on a demonstrated passion and ability to communicate that passion through design documentation and presentation techniques.
If you have any questions please contact the Honors & Awards Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617.585.0167.