Vets with Pets :: Sponsored by the Massachusetts Department of Veterans Services
Give your Battle Buddy some time-off at Vets with Pets Playgroup for veterans and their dogs.
Dates: Fridays, 2/28, 3/14, 3/28, 4/11, 4/25
Time: 12:00 P.M. to 1:30 P.M. and 1:30 P.M to 3:00 P.M.
Location: Quincy Armory, 1000 Hancock Street, Quincy, MA
Click here to register.
Limit 15 dogs per session
- Consult your veteri-narian about your dog’s overall health before going to a play group;
- Make sure your dog is up-to-date on his/her vaccinations;
- Observe the dogs in the playgroup to see if there are any potential health or behavior problems;
- Clean up after your dog;
- Supervise dogs when they are playing and interrupt any rough play;
- Be willing to leave a play group if you feel that your dog is either being a bully, the play is getting too rough or your dog is just not having fun;
- Check to be sure there aren’t a large number of intact males in the park;
- Make sure your young dog is not be-ing bullied or learn-ing bad manners from the other dogs;
- Be cautious about taking advice from other park patrons who are not dog professionals.
“Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discon-tent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.” ― Milan Kundera