John Worthington Ames Scholarship Information Session
Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 6 pm
M400, 100 Mass Ave
Established in 1955 by Mrs. John Worthington Ames in memory of her husband, this scholarship is awarded each year for outstanding scholastic achievement to a student in Segment III (including January grads) for further personal development through an educational experience related to architecture in accordance with a stated and accepted program. Eligible students are notified to apply and the recipient is selected based on academic records, review of portfolios, and personal interviews with the John Worthington Ames Scholarship Committee. Students are invited to submit twice for this scholarship.
The following requirements must be met in order to qualify for the Ames Scholarship:
- Students must have entered Thesis or Degree Project prior to the semester in which they apply
- Students must have attended the BAC for at least six semesters.
- Students must not have applied for this scholarship twice before.
- Students who graduated in the past year may apply provided they have not done so twice before
To be considered for the scholarship, students must submit the following materials:
- An essay of 500 words maximum (double spaced) outlining their proposed use of the funds, travel itinerary and how they feel this use will further your professional, academic and personal goals.
- A hard copy of their portfolio (electronic copies will not be accepted). Portfolios are limited to the standard presentation size of either 8 ½ x 11" or 11 x 17". No oversized portfolios will be reviewed.
Additional information and awards.