The 4th International Holcim Awards is open for entries until March 24, 2014 so time is running out. The next cycle of the Holcim Awards will not be until 2016 so please don’t let this opportunity slip away. Since 2003, the Holcim Foundation for Sustainable Construction has led the field in recognizing innovative projects and future-oriented concepts from architects and designers worldwide. No vision is too big and no project is too small. From now to March 24, 2014, the Holcim Awards is accepting submissions that envision a more sustainable and equitable built environment for all.
Past winners in the main category like Public Architecture know how transformative the Holcim Awards can be in taking a project from vision to reality and for students it may be the difference in getting a job after graduating.
So why apply for the Holcim Awards?
- You may be working on a potential winner right now. You have likely already made a significant investment in promoting socially responsible and sustainable design. Through the Holcim Awards, you can share your research, designs, and methodologies with an appreciative audience while advancing the practice of social impact design worldwide.
- Join forward-thinking architects and designers from around the world. From students and young professionals to established firms like Skidmore, Owings, & Merrill, the Holcim Awards attracts submissions from visionary practitioners and leaders around the world. Winners from the five regional competitions in Europe, North America, Latin America, Africa Middle East, and Asia Pacific in 2014 will then advance to the Global Holcim Awards in 2015.
- Share more than projects—share values, too. Together with its internationally renowned partner universities, the Holcim Foundation has developed five target issues for evaluating Awards: Progress, People, Planet, Prosperity, and Proficiency. Learn more about Holcim’s high standards of innovation, sustainability, and social responsibility.
- Impact matters. From small projects like Public Architecture’s Day Labor Station to large projects like an urban remediation and civic infrastructure hub in São Paulo, Brazil, the independent juries of the Holcim Awards know that innovation and transformation happen at many different scales.
- Gain real recognition, with real rewards. Not only is the Holcim Awards an opportunity to showcase your work on an international stage, but Award winners also receive a significant cash prize. Altogether, the Foundation awards a total of $2 million to winning projects and designers each cycle.
Interested? Learn more about the Awards, including details about project eligibility, competition levels, and evaluation criteria, at the Holcim Awards website.
Have a project in mind? Download the step-by-step application guide here to get a head start!
Questions? Connect with the Holcim Awards via Facebook and Twitter.