Bike Law :: What to do when cars attack
Here is a great article form the Boston Cyclists Union on what to do if while biking, you get hit by a car.
Get the information:
- Ask to see the driver’s licenses and vehicle registrations of the drivers of all motor vehicles involved in the accident.
- Write down their names, addresses and driver’s license numbers.
- Obtain the names of their auto insurance companies from their vehicle registrations.
- Look for witnesses to the accident, and ask them for their names, addresses and telephone numbers.
- Write down or take notice of any injuries suffered by you or other people on the scene.
- If you are unable to gather the information above due to an injury, you can politely ask the officer to confirm that he or she will do so for you.