Blog Pick:: Fast Company's Co.Design

Blog Pick :: Fast Company's Co.Design
By Steve Marcelin, BDS Candidate

Fast Company's Co.Design is a daily exploration of the marriage of business and design, from architecture to product design, to fashion. The site gives inspirational stories about innovation and business as they pertain to design.

This site is great because the content is presented in a fun way. Sometimes I get so invested in my academic work that I need to look at something different, yet that is still related to design. Much of the writing on Co.Design looks to the future of the design world, which I think is great. A lot of design sites look to the past with reverence, but Co.Design isn't looking at what's already been done - it is looking to what will be done next.

Co.Design does just that. One example of a fun post about how you can use AutoCAD to illustrate how to mix more than 70 cocktails.

While there are fun articles, the site also tackles important topics such as why you're losing a design proposal, or why it is so hard to make a decent architecture film. As designers we must look into learning more than graphics and software - we must think about how our profession is portrayed in other mediums.

For inspiration, fun, and innovation, check out Co.Design.

Comments