Scholarship :: 2014-2015 Building Commissioning Association Scholarship
Application Deadline - Monday, November 17, 2014
BCA Scholarship Committee Mission
The mission of the Building Commissioning Association (BCA) is to guide the building commissioning industry through advancing best practices and education, and promoting the benefits of building commissioning.
As defined by the BCA:
“Building commissioning provides documented confirmation that building systems function according to criteria set forth in the project documents to satisfy the owner’s operational needs. Commissioning existing systems may require developing new functional criteria to address the owner’s current requirements for system performance.”
The mission of the Scholarship of the BCA’s Northeast Chapter is two-fold:
- To encourage motivated and promising Students to pursue undergraduate studies in the field of engineering, architecture, building construction, building energy use, and other fields related to building systems commissioning
- To support Industry employees in commissioning related fields to continue their education
Eligibility Requirements and Terms
Candidates for the scholarship must be either:
- currently enrolled in an engineering, architectural, or construction related curriculum
- currently employed in an industry related to building commissioning
Applications Due: November 17, 2014
Applicants Notified: December 19, 2014
Scholarship Payment: Within 2 months of receipt of proof of tuition payment
Scholarship amount will be up to $1000. The amount will be determined by the BCA Northeast Chapter’s Scholarship Committee, and will be based on the amount and quality of applications received.
It is intended that scholarship awards be used for payment of college tuition or professional development courses. Scholarship payment will be made by the Chapter’s scholarship fund after proof of tuition payment is received. Proof may be in the form of cancelled check for tuition payment.
The committee will review the following attributes when determining scholarship awards:
- Interest in the commissioning industry
- Demonstrated knowledge of the commissioning industry
- Academic achievement (Student applicants)
- Professional achievement (Industry applicants)
- Work experience (all applicants)
Visit the BCA National and Northeast Chapter websites to become familiar with these organizations and the purpose of building commissioning:
Building Commissioning Association
BCA Northeast Chapter
BCA Northeast Chapter Scholarship Chair
Please direct any inquiries for additional information on submission requirements and eligibility to this contact as well.