2015 Student Design Showcase Call For Entries
Apply by: June 12, 2015
The Membership Enrichment Committee of the Boston Society of Architects (BSA) welcomes entries in the annual Student Design Showcase and Competition. The purpose of the competition is to provide students with a platform to recognize and exhibit exemplary academic design work to the BSA membership and general public, including architects and affiliated professionals, and to celebrate the numerous architectural programs in the greater Boston area.
Current students of any Massachusetts architecture school or program (Bachelors, Masters or Ph.D. programs) and graduates of the class of 2015 are eligible to apply. Students of interior, landscape architecture, and urban design programs are also welcome to participate.
7-slide presentation: All seven slides should be combined into a single PDF file, not to exceed 10MB
- Cover Slide with identifying information
- Project Name, Year Designed, Project Site/Location, Student Name, School Name
- 5 image slides of a single academic design project.
- One full-bleed image per slide, formatted as 8.5x11 landscape; images may include minimal text
- Project Summary Slide
- 100 words or less communicating the design concept and the inspiration behind the project
- Designs completed in a professional office are not eligible
- Each entrant may submit only one project for consideration
- Entrants who wish to enter as teams may only enter once as a team in addition to once as a single entrant
- Winning submissions will be chosen through a juried selection process, featured in a two-month long exhibition at the BSA Space and recognized at an opening reception in December.
Email submissions to: email@example.com with “SDS” and your name in the subject line