Competition :: Amsterdam Floating Toy Museum
Submit by 10.15.2015
Arquitectum was the first international platform and agency of its kind dedicated to organizing open architecture competitions for professionals, graduates and students to present their vision for
Various set projects as means of exposing and communication their practice and work to prospective clients, employers and publishers worldwide.
The challenge for this competition is to design a contemporary Floating Toy Museum on the banks axis in central Amsterdam along with Science Center Nemo Centre, Arcam, VOC-ship (18 Century Cargo Ship) and National Maritime Museum.
The objectives of “AMSTERDAM FLOATING TOY MUSEUM” Competition are as follows:
• Reward quality design solutions that respond effectively to the brief.
• Encourage architectural design solution and ideas that best respond to the location.
• Generate both functional and volumetric contribution to the site.
• Promote the design of a structure that take into context the site and topology.
• Stimulate the discussion of ideas regarding the intervention and construction on such a site.