2016 Switzer Environmental Fellowships
Apply by: 1/11/16
Switzer Fellowships are given to top graduate students in New England and California who demonstrate outstanding leadership potential, and who are committed to a career in environmental improvement.
The Switzer Fellowship provides:
- a one-year $15,000 cash award;
- access to other Switzer grant programs and career support, and
- membership in the Switzer Fellowship Network, an active and engaged community of over 570 environmental leaders from the local to the international level.
The Switzer Fellowship is not intended to be a research fellowship. Leadership potential is a more significant factor in our evaluation than the specifics of a particular graduate research project. We fund individuals doing a wide variety of innovative, applied environmental work and we fund Fellows in many different disciplines (e.g., science, law, policy, engineering). We invite you to check out the News and Issues pages of our website for an idea of the breadth of issues and caliber of work our Fellows are doing.
This year's application deadline is January 11, 2016.
If you have any questions about the program guidelines or the online application process, please do not hesitate to contact Switzer Foundation staff, below. Thank you!
- For program-related questions: Erin Lloyd, Program Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- For technical support with online applications: Don Brackett, Administrative Officer (email@example.com)
- Office: (207) 338-5654 (office hours Monday-Thursday, 8:30 am - 5 p.m. Eastern time, other hours available by appointment)