*DEADLINE EXTENDED: 2.10.16*
The Designers Lighting Forum of New England (DLF-NE) will sponsor one BAC student to travel to Frankfurt this spring to attend Light + Building, the world’s leading trade fair for lighting and building services technology, from March 13th - 18th 2016. The recipient of the scholarship will receive $3,300 to cover trip related expenses and will be paired with a representative from DLF-NE who will serve as their guide and mentor for the trip.
To be eligible, students must:
- be enrolled full-time and in Segment II or III
- be in good academic standing
- have successfully completed a Lighting Design course at the BAC [TM7365/365, TM7369/369, CD105E/TM470 Lighting Design Workshop], TM471 Lighting the Environment or its equivalent at another institution
To apply, students must submit:
- a short (no longer than 100 words) statement of why they are passionate about learning more about lighting and attending the conference
- a rendering, a sample portfolio of lighting design work OR drawings to show their enthusiasm for lighting design
The scholarship recipient will also be expected to share his/her experience and/or resulting work at a DLF-NE event in Fall 2016.
To be considered for this scholarship, students should submit all application materials to the front desk of the Student Services office on 951 Boylston Street no later than 6:00 PM on Wednesday, February 10th. All submissions should include your name and the name of the scholarship.
Submissions will be judged on a demonstrated passion and ability to communicate that passion through design documentation and presentation techniques.
If you have any questions please contact Sarah Hoen, Scholarships & Awards Coordinator, at 617-585-0106 or firstname.lastname@example.org.