Information Session: Tuesday, February 16th 2016 at 6:00 PM, The Fishbowl, 320 Newbury St.
Submission Deadline: Monday, March 7th 2016 by 6:00 PM
The John Worthington Ames Scholarship was established in 1955 by Mrs. John Worthington Ames in memory of her husband, a distinguished Boston architect and dedicated supporter of the BAC. The John Worthington Ames Scholarship is to be used to further personal development through an educational experience related to architecture and design in accordance with a stated and accepted program. The Ames Committee defines "educational experience" as one that would develop mental, artistic, or cultural capacities.
- Students must have entered Thesis or Degree Project prior to the Spring 2016 semester
- Students must have attended the BAC for at least six semesters
- Students must not have applied for this scholarship twice before
- Students who graduated in the past year may apply provided they have not done so twice before
- Submit an essay of 500 words maximum (double spaced) outlining your proposed use of the funds, travel itinerary and how you feel this use will further your professional, academic and personal goals. The essay must include your name, address, and contact information. Please note whether this is your first or second time submitting for this award on your essay, as well as what semester you entered Thesis/Degree Project.
- Submit a hard copy of your portfolio (electronic copies will not be accepted). Portfolios are limited to the standard presentation size of either 8 ½ x 11” or 11 x 17”. No oversized portfolios will be reviewed.
An Informational Session for students interested in applying will take place on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 from 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM in the Fishbowl (1st Floor) at 320 Newbury Street. The session will be led by Bernard J. Goba, AIA, DFA honoris causa, Permanent Secretary of the Ames Scholarship.
Deadline to submit application materials is 6 PM on Monday, March 7th, 2016.
Please place your application materials in a large envelope marked to the attention of Sarah Hoen, Coordinator of Scholarships and Awards and turn it in to Sarah at the Student Services office on 951 Boylston Street or leave it in her mailbox on the 2nd floor of 320 Newbury Street.
If you have any questions, please contact Sarah Hoen at 617.585.0106 or email@example.com.