The Tile Contractors' Association of America's 2016 Architecture/Interior Design Scholarship for Professional Degree Candidates
Application Due: 4.8.16
The Tile Contractors’ Association of America (TCAA) is a national trade association representing tile and stone installation com-panies throughout the United States who are members of the International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftsmen. In 2001, TCAA established a merit scholarship program. This year, the program will award a $5,000 scholarship to a qualifying student pursuing an undergraduate or graduate level professional degree in Architecture or Interior Design.
Application forms can be found on the TCAA website, or by contacting TCAA via email.
Eligibility for Architecture Students
Applicants must be enrolled and working toward a professional degree in architecture and for the 2016/17 academic year must be:
- In the third or fourth year of a five-year program that results in a BArch or equivalent
- In the fourth or fifth year of a six-year program (4+2 or other combination) that results in an MArch or equivalent; OR
- In the first, second or third year of a three- to four-year program which results in a MArch within the Architecture discipline. The majority of credit courses must be earned in a campus environment.
Eligibility for Interior Design Students
Applicants must be enrolled in a CIDA-accredited university or college program, working toward a professional degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture and for the 2016-17 academic year must be:
- In the second or third year of a four-year program leading to a BS, BA, BID or BFA in Interior Design or Interior Architecture; OR
- In the first year of a two-year program OR the first or second year of a three-year program leading to a MA or MFA in Interior Design or Interior Architecture. The majority of credit courses must be earned in a campus environment.
- One award will be presented each year in the amount of $5,000.
- Scholarship award to be announced in July, 2016. The winning applicant will be notified by email.
- Scholarship check must be issued in the name of the applicant and appropriate university/college.
- The award may not be used retroactively.
For more information and access to the application, visit the scholarship website.