Sunday, April 3, 2016
The annual Greek Independence Day Parade will take place in the Back Bay on Sunday, April 3, 2016. The parade and related events will result in street closures and traffic detours, and reduce on-street parking availability. Those coming into Boston for the festivities are encouraged to take alternative forms of transportation, including Hubway and the MBTA. Information on Hubway, the regional bike-share service, may be found at www.theHubway.com and information on the MBTA may be found at www.MBTA.com. For a faster return trip, the MBTA advises riders to purchase a round-trip rather than a one-way ticket.
Marchers will gather on Boylston Street, between Dalton and Exeter Streets. Beginning at 1 PM, the parade will proceed on Boylston Street at Exeter Street, left onto Charles Street, and end at the Boston Common.
The following streets will be closed to traffic from Noon to 4 PM, with the Boston Police Department making adjustments as necessary.
- Boylston Street, between Massachusetts Avenue and Tremont Street
- Charles Street, between Boylston Street and Beacon Street
In addition, “Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Sunday” temporary parking restrictions will be in effect on the following streets to accommodate these events.
- Boylston Street, both sides, from Massachusetts Avenue to Tremont Street
- Charles Street both sides, from Boylston Street to Beacon Street
- Beacon Street, both sides, from Charles Street to Arlington Street
- Arlington Street, Public Garden side, from Beacon Street to Boylston Street
- Dalton Street, both sides, from Belvidere Street to Boylston Street
- Hereford Street, both sides, from Boylston Street to Newbury Street