Letter from the President :: One Boston Day Moment of Silence

In unity with the City of Boston, the BAC will hold a moment of silence at 2:49pm today in observance of the three-year anniversary of the Boston Marathon bombings.  Following this, church bells are set to ring throughout the City. If you desire, I encourage and support you to take part in this moving tribute.

In honor of One Boston Day, which celebrates the resiliency, generosity, and strength demonstrated by the people of Boston and those around the world in response to the tragedy three years ago, an official website has been created for people to post inspiring messages and pledge acts of kindness. So far, over 40,000 acts have been pledged, and counting!  I can think of no better testament to the spirit of this City than its ability to engender such a magnitude of generosity and goodwill in the face of what was experienced here. I believe that the BAC itself exemplifies this spirit.

As a new Bostonian, I am proud to call this City my home. Every day, our students, staff, and community at large show me the way of the Boston Strong.

Glen S. LeRoy, FAIA, FAICP
President
Boston Architectural College

Comments