Fall 2016 Gateway Open House
Friday, September 9 | 12 –2pm
FISHBOWL | 1st floor of 320 Newbury
The Practice Department is excited to introduce a series of Gateway projects for Fall 2016! Gateway offers students a unique opportunity to participate in a range of community-based projects across the spectrum of architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, and design studies.
At the Open House, students can learn about the Gateway program and this semester’s offerings, meet Gateway community clients and faculty, and fill out an application for the project(s) of their choice.
Gateway students resolve real design problems for real clients, all while making a difference in the community they serve. Work may include, but is not limited to:
- Developing real projects from the ground-up
- Working closely with peers
- Connecting with professional mentors
- Meeting and recreating relationships with clients and community leaders
- Developing the skills of leadership and collaboration
Gateway exemplifies the BAC’s mission of design education through experiential learning and offers the opportunities to:
- Earn Practice hours!
- Generate strong portfolio work!
- Hone presentation, graphic, and communication skills!
Students of all disciplines and backgrounds are welcome to attend Open House. To learn more, visit the Gateway webpage or email email@example.com.