2017 Designers Lighting Forum of New England Scholarship :: LIGHTFAIR International in Philadelphia, PA
*Apply by: 2.6.17
The Designers Lighting Forum of New England (DLF-NE) is pleased to announce a travel scholarship opportunity to Philadelphia this Spring to attend LIGHTFAIR International, May 9-11, 2017. The recipients of the scholarship will receive $2,200 to cover trip-related expenses and will be paired with a representative from the DLF-NE, who will serve as a guide and mentor for the trip.
To be eligible, students must:
- be enrolled full-time and in Segment II or III
- be in good academic standing
- have successfully completed or be currently enrolled in a Lighting Design course at the BAC - TM7365/365, DME2100/TM470 Lighting Design Workshop, TSM2002 Sustainable Systems 2, TSM2015 Lighting Design for Interiors, TM471 Lighting the Environment or its equivalent at another institution
Scholarship Submission & Presentation:
Student work will be evaluated via a PechaKucha® portfolio and presentation, answering the following question with images of past work, future work, and/ or conceptual ideas about light:
How can light bring meaning to space?
- To apply, students must submit a digital portfolio of 20 images/ slides each, as per the PechaKucha® format, by January 30, 2017 to email@example.com.
- This digital portfolio will be evaluated and narrowed down to a group of finalists, who will have the opportunity to present their digital portfolio of 20 slides (previously submitted) in a final PechaKucha® presentation
- Scholarship winners will be chosen at the final presentation event in late February/ Early March – exact date TBD
- Students will be evaluated on creativity & passion and their ability to communicate through design documentation and presentation techniques
- Winners will agree to prepare and submit a short presentation on the trip and their experiences at a DLF-NE event in the Fall of 2017
- Resources: http://www.pechakucha.org/faq
- If you have any questions please contact Sarah Hoen, Manager of Student Services at 617-585-0106 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Come find out more about the 2017 Designers Lighting Forum of New England Scholarship!*
Info session: Monday, January 23rd at 6:00 PM in the Fishbowl at 320 Newbury Street.