Designers Lighting Forum of New England
2017-2018 Travel Scholarship
to Light + Building in Frankfurt, Germany
The Designers Lighting Forum of New England (DLF-NE) is pleased to announce a travel scholarship opportunity to Frankfurt, Germany this Spring to attend Light + Building, March 18-23, 2018. The recipients of the scholarship will receive a stipend to cover trip-related expenses and will be paired with a representative from the DLF-NE, who will serve as a guide and mentor for the trip.
The Scholarship Submission & Presentation
Student work will be evaluated via a PechaKucha® portfolio and presentation, answering the following question with images of past work, future work, and/ or conceptual ideas about light:
How can dynamic light and lighting improve the experience of space?
- To apply, students must submit a digital portfolio of 20 images/ slides each, as per the PechaKucha® format, by September 30th, 2017 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- This digital portfolio will be evaluated and narrowed down to a group of finalists, who will have the opportunity to present their digital portfolio of 20 slides (previously submitted) in a final PechaKucha® presentation
- Scholarship winners will be chosen at the final presentation event in Mid-October – exact date TBD.
- Students will be evaluated on creativity & passion and their ability to communicate through design documentation and presentation techniques
- Winners will agree to prepare and submit a short presentation on the trip and their experiences at a future DLF-NE event.
- Resources: http://www.pechakucha.org/faq
There will also be an info session regarding the scholarship on Wednesday, September 13th from 6 PM to 7 PM in the Loft!