The BSA Foundation's design awareness programs illuminate the ways in which design improves the quality of our lives. Design awareness programs reach children and families through hands-on learning, and adults through our design gallery, workshops, films, tours, an architecture cruise, and special events. In addition, the Foundation offers design resources to all of Greater Boston's neighborhoods, and creates an empowered body politic by bringing the public into a wide range of conversations about their built environment.
Tickets go on sale June 14, 2018.
Doors open at 5:30 pm
Silent Auction runs from 5:30–8:30 pm
Live auction beings at 7:30 pm
Call for Art:
- The BSA Foundation will be accepting submissions through Google Forms, the link can be found here. (Once accepted, work will be delivered to BSA Foundation).
- Digital submissions will be accepted online until July 17, 2018.
- Submissions will be reviewed by a jury consisting of architects, curators, and scholars.
- Jury decisions are final.
- Up to three (3) items may be submitted for consideration by our jury.
- Submissions should consist of architectural renderings/sketches/drawings/watercolors/photographs and other images that would fall under the architecture umbrella.
- No blueprints or working documents please.
- Renderings of both, built and unbuilt projects are welcome.
- Items must not exceed 36 inches in height or width.
- While not mandatory, framed artwork is preferred.
- Suggested monetary value for each item should be proposed in the submission. Items selected by the jury without a suggested monetary value will be assigned one by the jury. Jury decisions regarding monetary value are final.
- All will be notified of the jury's decision by August 10, 2018.
- Accepted work can be used by the BSA Foundation in either the Live or Silent Auction as decided upon by the jury.
- Once accepted, all work becomes a gift to the BSA Foundation.
- Accepted artists/firms will receive 2 free tickets ($300 value) to the Auction.
- Accepted artwork should be hand delivered in person or via a professional shipping company to the BSA between August 13 and August 23, 2018. More details will be sent with the notification of accepted artwork.
- You will be notified about the sale of your artwork by September 27, 2018. In the unfortunate case your artwork does not sell, you may pick up your items from BSA Space after September 27, 2018.
From time to time, the BSA Foundation will use images of Auction items to promote the event and the sale of artwork.
All participants in the BSA Foundation Architecture Auction agree to grant the BSA/BSA Foundation perpetual, royalty free, and nonexclusive license to use, without limitation, any Auction items, projects, or related image for the purpose of promoting the BSA/BSA Foundation and related events.
The firm/individual submitting work must own the copyright and other intellectual property requirements for the item.
Any artwork that remains unclaimed by October 18, 2018 will become property of the BSA Foundation and may be sold at a later time without consignment to the donating party.