Date: Wednesday, September 19th 2018
Time: 6:30 PM – 7:00 PM
Location: First Floor Fishbowl, 320 Newbury Street
The Designers Lighting Forum of New England (DLF-NE) is pleased to announce a travel scholarship opportunity to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania this Spring to attend Lightfair, May 19-23, 2019. The recipients of the scholarship will receive a travel stipend to cover trip-related expenses and will be paired with a representative from the DLF-NE, who will serve as a guide and mentor for the trip. The Scholarship Submission & Presentation
Student work will be evaluated via a PechaKucha® portfolio and presentation, answering the following question with images of past work, future work, and/ or conceptual ideas about light:
What is the culture of light? How can the experience of light differ across cultures? How does the meaning of light change and evoke different feelings across lighting projects in the world?
• To apply, students must submit a digital portfolio of 20 images/ slides each, as per the PechaKucha® format, by October 5th, 2018 at 11:59 pm to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please format the presentation in Powerpoint
• Please include an introduction slide with your name, school, etc., that does not count towards your 20 slides
• This digital portfolio will be evaluated and narrowed down to a group of finalists, who will have the opportunity to present their digital portfolio of 20 slides (previously submitted) in a final PechaKucha® presentation
• Scholarship winners will be chosen at the final presentation event – DATE IN OCTOBER TBD (Tentatively October 22nd or 25th).
• Students will be evaluated on creativity & passion and their ability to communicate through design documentation and presentation techniques
• Winners will agree to prepare and submit a short presentation on the trip and their experiences at a future DLF-NE event
o Lightfair, May 19-23, 2019
o Designers Lighting Forum of New England (DLF-NE)
o Questions: email@example.com